Thank you for your interest in applying to participate in the annual Greater Philadelphia Martin Luther King Day of Service events at our Girard College signature site. As part of this application, organizations can participate in one or more of the following venues:
- Service Projects (Armory, main floor): Mostly traditional, hands-on volunteer projects that engage volunteers in community service
- Workshops & Trainings (Elementary School complex): Training sessions for volunteers interested in learning more about and committing to ongoing civic engagement opportunities.
- Kids’ Carnival (Armory, main floor next to service projects): Adult supervision of service projects and presentations for young people (and families), ages 5-12.
- Civic Engagement Expo (Armory, lower level): Local community organizations sharing information and answering questions about their missions and work.
- Health & Wellness Fair (Armory, lower level): Local community health and wellness organizations providing information, screenings, testing and blood donations.
- Jobs & Opportunity Fair (Armory, lower level): Tables/booths with representatives from some twenty local employers and AmeriCorps national service programs that are ready to hire.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Campbell Bird, Director of Programs and Partnerships at 215-851-1805 or email@example.com.