Organize a project(s) that meets immediate community needs including:
- Volunteering: Outdoor Cleanup, Indoor Cleanup/Painting/Etc., Food Packaging or serving meals, Children &Youth activities, Other
- Service Learning: Training/Workshop, Educational Activity, Information Distribution, One King Book, Donation Opportunity
- Other Great Activities: Advocacy Event, Sunday Supper, Community Celebration or Concert, Community Discussion, Religious Service, Art presentations
Signature Site Project
Apply to participate at our Girard College Signature Site:
- Service Projects (Armory, main floor): Mostly traditional, hands-on volunteer projects that engage volunteers in community service
- Workshops & Trainings (Elementary School complex): Training sessions for volunteers interested in learning more about and committing to ongoing civic engagement opportunities.
- Kids’ Carnival (Armory, main floor next to service projects): Adult supervision of service projects and presentations for young people (and families), ages 5-12.
- Civic Engagement Expo (Armory, lower level): Local community organizations sharing information and answering questions about their missions and work.
- Health & Wellness Fair (Armory, lower level): Local community health and wellness organizations providing information, screenings, testing and blood donations.
- Jobs & Opportunity Fair (Armory, lower level): Tables/booths with representatives from some twenty local employers and AmeriCorps national service programs that are ready to hire.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Tribute Concert (Chapel): Annual free concert honoring Dr. King performed by the world renowned Philadelphia Orchestra.